…better insight into Northern Virginia real estate
Whenever I travel out of town I like to pick up local real estate publications, flip through and then check out the sites agents have set up. The typical sites I see show me homes, a glamor-shot of the agent and ways to search for more homes.
But rarely do I see anything unique or really helpful for an out of town house-hunter planning a trip to find a new community to call “home”.
That’s one of the reasons I started this blog back in 2008, to create a unique site that someone relocating to Northern Virginia would find helpful in understanding places like where I live in Vienna. Of course my blog posts cover a wide array of topics, including tips for home sellers, actual client experiences and interesting local events that I might stumble upon. And I enjoy being creative, thinking out of the box so to say. For example I started to use more and better video to communicate with readers about homes, like this video.
It’s written with core concepts: To help refine your search, teach you about our local market, explain what my clients experienced recently, establish a contact here (that’s me), and make your move an experience that, in the end, has you excited!
Essentially I enjoy the geeky stuff like WordPress and social media, but you should know that I am an active, day to day real estate agent looking at houses, putting together offers on homes, and engaged with clients.
Yes, actually working as a Realtor.
and there’s humor in the real estate biz too!
Ultimately, you should feel that any post has given you a unique insight into a topic and be better prepared to discuss specific real estate questions either with me or your agent anywhere in the U.S. There is also more about blogging on my FAQ page… but finish this one page first.
The majority of my real estate clients come to me through personal referrals from friends and past clients, but this blog is intended to help anyone learn a lot about the Northern Virginia real estate market, and, of course, subliminally position me as your professional contact to fall back to when you have gone through the multitude of real-estate-search-sites/apps and when you decide it is time for some professional help.
Yes, it’s okay for you to hire me…
You can always try me on my phone, 703-304-6827 or at doug@DougFrancis.com , and please give me an idea of when and how you would like me to follow up. I’ll try my best, but keep in mind I do other stuff too like have dinner with friends. Your information will remain confidential and I will be ready to help when you tell me that you are ready to roll.
Want reviews on Doug Francis?
There are recommendations on my Linked-In page,and you should also Google me as my clients have left recommendations on numerous sites across the web at sites like Zillow.com, IncredibleAgents.com or on their own blogs. It is kind of crazy but have you ever Googled yourself? Maybe you should Google every real estate agent you have spoken with?
Still with me?
Doug Francis, Professional Real Estate Experience:
I have had a Virginia Real Estate License since 1991 (0225 021708) working in the suburban Washington DC metro area. And have personally sold over $100,000,000 in sales volume by myself without a bunch of team members contributing their production numbers to my record… ask me. I act as a Listing Agent when clients are selling a home, and work as a Buyer’s Agent when a client is purchasing a home.
- RE/MAX Presidential from 1994 to the present
- RE/MAX International Hall of Fame Member
- Northern Virginia Association of Realtors Million Dollar Club
- NVAR Life Member Top Producers Club
- National Association of Realtors Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR) since 1995
- Town & Country Realtors from 1991 to 1994, Vienna Office
- Putnam Investments on High Street in Boston
- Feron’s Tennis Shop on Newbury Street in Boston (yes, I play tennis too)
- Boston University, B.A. in History
- The Gunnery School, Washington CT
- Native Rhode Islander, enjoy sailing and spending time in Narragansett
- Coach Vienna Boys U13 lacrosse team
- Volunteer in Northeast Vienna Citizens Association
- Past PTA Volunteer at Wolftrap Elementary School in Vienna
- Vienna Woods Swim and Tennis Member
- 5+ gallon blood donor (they keep track at Inova, you should donate too!)
- My Google+ Profile
I live in Vienna, and have lived in Oakton and in McLean. My real estate focus has been Northern Virginia including Alexandria, Arlington, Annandale, Ashburn, Burke, Centreville, Clifton, Dunn Loring, Fairfax, Fairfax City, Great Falls, Herndon, Leesburg, McLean, Oakton, Reston, and Vienna. If you are new to the area, these places are in Arlington County, Fairfax County and Loudoun County. I have also sold homes in Prince William County.
You can contact me right now for more information.703-304-6827 or doug@DougFrancis.com RE/MAX Presidential 3028 Javier Road Fairfax, Virginia 22031
Related articles by Zemanta
- Inova’s “Rock the Red” Blood Drive (dougfrancis.com)
- Things You Should Know Before Moving to Northern Virginia (dougfrancis.com)
- Replace those brass-toned light fixtures! (dougfrancis.com)
- Yes, it’s your Second Showing (dougfrancis.com)
- Adding a Deadline to Your Real Estate Offer (dougfrancis.com)