Over the weekend when I took my dog into the new Petco in Vienna, VA to browse for some new puppy toys, we literally walked right into my first encounter with a car charging station.
I have probably walked by this little power station a dozen times without noticing it, but I am sure that anyone living in Vienna or passing through in an electric car might want to know it is now there.
Where is “there” you ask?
This charging station is located at 225 Maple Avenue East, Vienna, VA 22180 – got that programmed in yet? The service is provided by 350Green and there are instructions on a display screen so you can provide payment.
This handy power station must have been installed when they renovated this building last year, which now has the Petco and a Walgreen’s. My reliable source at Petco told me that he has seen a few Chevy “Volts” and Nissan “Leafs” charging up recently.
It appears that 350Green is building out the infrastructure to providing electric vehicle charging stations. I also stumpled upon an iPhone App for locating charging stations wherever you are on the road named CarStations.
- Pa. Turnpike to get electric car charging stations (mysanantonio.com)
- Charging stations on I-5 due by spring (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Town of Vienna VA Vehicle Tax? (dougfrancis.com)
- Is Your Rambler Obsolete? (dougfrancis.com)
- So your Vienna home still hasn’t sold… (dougfrancis.com)