If you have lived in the Town of Vienna Virginia as long as I have, something like a change in the weekly trash pickup can throw your rhythm off a little… at least for a week or two. The New Vienna Trash Schedule is intended to get the job done on one day, and keep your street looking clean. Items that you once saved for a “Special Pick-up” can go out in your regular trash. Yes, you will now get 52 Special Pick-ups!
It all changed July 2, 2012
- The New Vienna Trash Schedule gets it all done on the same day
- One Day a Week for both trash and recycling. It all goes out!
- Includes removal of “bulk items” weekly on collection day
- There will be THREE different trucks that go down your street
Click on any map to enlarge
From the Town of Vienna Web Site:
How it will work each day in the new districts:
- Two refuse packer trucks will collect household waste in the current fashion. In addition, the refuse crew will also collect non-metal furniture, lumber, rugs, homeowner/handyman debris and other items that the Fairfax County I-66 Transfer Station will accept.
- Two refuse packer trucks will collect single-stream recycling, including large materials like appliance boxes and other items that can be recycled at the Waste Management Recycling Station in Merrifield.
- A knuckle-boom and tandem truck will collect loose brush, limbs, yard waste and other material which can be recycled at the I-66 Transfer Station.
- A Sanitation Inspector will collect any metal set out for collection.
If you need more information, the Town of Vienna Public Works has an easy to understand FAQ Page , or give them a call at 703-255-6380.